Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dirt Delivery

Today's entry will be short and sweet; "sweet", of course, meaning "awesome".

Last week, upon returning to the shop after the wall hanging installation, we received a special delivery from a construction site up the road. Three massive loads of dirt were dropped off via an even more massive yellow truck.

You may ask yourself, "why is getting a large amount of dirt dropped off in your driveway awesome?" And I will answer with: because it means we're able to fill in the ramp to the upstairs portion of the building where the saw mill lives.

Again, why is this awesome? Because when it's warmer outside, we get to start work on converting the upstairs into a beautiful apartment. First, I am excited to work when it's warm outside. Second, this plan has been in the works for years so I am excited to be a part of it's progress. Third, I am excited to be a part of the building of an apartment space so I can see the inner workings of a home. Did I mention that I can't wait to work when it's warm outside?

If you have never visited the property here at Lohr Woodworking, you've missed out and I hope for your sake that you can/will visit in the future. Regardless though, the acres that sprawl behind the houses, shop, and barns are stunning and filled with all sorts of creatures to watch. With that in mind, I am going to thoroughly enjoy working my summer away admiring the view from the deck that perches so perfectly outside of the second-floor doors to the future apartment. It will serve as a nice contrast to the hustle and bustle of the city that I go home to at the end of each day. And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is why a dirt delivery is worth writing about.

Until tomorrow, I bid you all the happiest of Thursdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment